Six words. Learn more.
Stories. Plotting. Character. Worldbuilding. Proposal. Agent.
Curious? Learn more at Midwest Writers Workshop’s one-day mini-conference!
In just about two weeks, this mini-conference, “Reaching Your Writing Goals,” takes place. Join in on Saturday, November 3, 2018, from 10:00 a.m.-3:30 p.m. at the Ball state Alumni Center, Muncie, Indiana.
There’s still time to register.
Check out the details:
1) Learn from three published authors** who will share craft techniques, their paths to publishing, business tips, instruction sessions, and a Q & A panel.
2) Meet other writers and find a helpful writing community.
3) Celebrate the authors’ recent book releases. Purchase their books on-site and have them autographed. (And buy extras for holiday gifts! Who doesn’t love a personally signed book?)
What does this jam-packed day cost?
Just $60! Includes lunch!
These great sessions:
- Finding and Telling True Stories — An overview of brainstorming, researching, and interviewing techniques used to write three books.
- Plotting Boot Camp — All good stories have one thing in common: a strong plot. This presentation simplifies the plotting process and helps focus a writer’s vision of their current work in progress. Participants will engage in a group writing activity that can then be used as a tool for their own projects.
- Character Development Workshop — Does your character’s eye color matter? Does he or she resent authority? Why? Character development is imperative for any story. This hands-on workshop will look at how a character’s past influences their actions in the present and where inspiration can be found to create a character as unique as you are.
- Worldbuilding: How to Build the Foundations of Your Fantasy or Sci-fi World — Learn to create fantasy worlds that will sweep readers off their feet by incorporating small and large details into your work.
- How to Write a Book Proposal — To land an agent and an editor for your nonfiction book, first you need to write a proposal.
- How to Hook an Agent: Everything from Strong Query Letters to First Lines — Landing an agent starts with getting their attention and not letting it go. Discover how to keep agents reading your work and requesting more!
For more info: https://www.midwestwriters.org/2018/10/one-day-mini-conference-reaching-your-writing-goals/