OneAmerica is calling for proposals from Indiana artists working in 2D mediums for quarterly display (approximately 3-4 months) on the newly renovated 12th floor in their Downtown Indianapolis building. OneAmerica has the opportunity to activate a new and inviting space by leveraging their community partnerships and providing local artists a platform to display their artwork on the 12th floor. The purpose of this initiative is to engage with community partners through art, tie associates in with community partners, and improve associate experience.
- This opportunity is open to all artists over the age of 18 residing in Indiana.
- All work must be original and made by the artist or artist team. Collaborative works made between artists are eligible for inclusion.
- All 2D media eligible, although work must be finished and ready to hang with wire, d-rings, or other hanging methods compliant with a hook-based hanging system.
Selected artists will receive a $100 honorarium for each piece chosen for display, payable at the completion of installation.
- From submitted proposals, OneAmerica’s Rotating Artist Committee will select artists and invite them for display. Selected artists will work with the committee in choosing specific pieces, installation, and deinstallation.
- All accepted work must remain on display until the end of the exhibition period.
- All work must come ready to install/hang.
- All work may be offered for sale with artist contact information available for OneAmerica guests and staff. Sales inquiries will be directed directly to the artist.
- The Indianapolis Art Center will be responsible for insuring the exhibition while on view. The Artist is responsible for providing an itemized insurance list on the Art Center’s form. This form will be emailed to the artists once accepted to exhibit.
Calendar of Events:
- March 5, 2020 – Submissions due
- Early March, 2020 – Artist Selection Committee to convene
- Mid March, 2020 – Artists Notified
- April 7, 2020 – Installation Period
- April 7, 2020 – Artist Checks Issued
- August, 2020 – Exhibition Period Ends/De-Install
To submit a proposal, please email an application package to Kyle Herrington, Director of Exhibitions and Events of the Indianapolis Art Center at Kherrington@indplsartcenter.org by March 5, 2020
- Application Packages should include the following:
- 4-10 images representative of your artwork
- An image inventory list; detailing mediums, sizes, and titles of submitted artwork
- An artist resume
- An artist statement
For questions, please email Kyle Herrington, Director of Exhibitions and Events of the Indianapolis Art Center at Kherrington@indplsartcenter.org