Protest Sign Exhibition Seeks Artwork
Posted: Jun, 02, 2016
Social Practice Art - Visual
Indianapolis, IN, Unknown
Artist Samuel Levi Jones was recently asked to curate an exhibition at Herron School of Art and Design at Indiana University Purdue University Indianapolis. The exhibition dates are Feb. 3 – April 24, 2021. Asked to consider the “divisive climate we all find ourselves in,” Jones sees this as an opportunity to amplify the voice of other Indiana and Chicago-based artists. Considering this, the main thrust of the exhibition will be artist produced “protest signs”. With this note, I am formally asking if you would consider making such a sign for this exhibition. The parameters are as follows:
- I am not asking anyone to take on a particular political stance or issue, but rather asking each participant to consider social issues that are meaningful to them and create a sign/artwork to be a part of the exhibition.
- The media and size of the sign are up to the discretion of the artist, although please let me know if your sign will exceed more than 6 feet in any direction.
- You may sign, title and date your work, but please do so on the verso.
- Signs need to be dropped off or shipped to the Herron Galleries by January 11, 2021.
The address is 735 W. New York Street, Indianapolis, IN 46202.
- Please email Paula Katz, Studio Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org to confirm your participation.
Please do not hesitate to reach out if you have any questions.