Architectural Detailing - Outdoor Sculpture
650 W Washington St, Indianapolis, IN, 46204
Clinton County’s sculpture tells the story of “Old Stoney”, a castle-like Frankfort landmark that opened in 1892. The markings in the scored limestone are minimalist, but depict a building and a skyscape. A red frankfurter toasts on the fork-like tower of the imposing building.
Designers Jeff Laramore and David Jemerson Young of 2nd Globe, an Indianapolis–based artistic company, designed all 92 of the county sculptures featured on the outside of the Indiana State Museum. Their designs narrate the counties’ famous natives, historically significant events, or their cultural characteristics, and were fabricated and installed by various Indiana sculptors, carvers, glassworkers, metalworkers, and other artisans.
Medium type: Metal - Stone/Marble
Date created: 2001