1066 Virginia Avenue, Indianapolis, In 46203
Located in the heart of the Fountain Square Business District, the Fountain Square Branch Library has had many past homes.
Opening in 1896 as "Branch #3," our branch was the third oldest in the system. In 1906 it moved to 1913 Prospect Street and became the Prospect Branch, where it remained for 35 years.
In 1941 it moved to 1125 Spruce Street, taking over the old IPS School #20. In 1969 it was relocated to 1831 Prospect Street. In 1994 the library made a bold move to the ground floor of the Historic Fountain Block Building at 1066 Virginia Avenue. This doubled the library’s size to over 5,000 square feet and placed it in the heart of the Fountain Square Business District.