IMPORTANT! Due to the response to Coronavirus (COVID-19) events on this site may be postponed or canceled.CLICK HERE for More Details.
Arts, Sciences and Literature originally graced the roofline of an earlier Indianapolis Public Library facility, which was built in 1893 on the southwest corner of Ohio and Meridian Sts. The building also housed the central administrative offices of Indianapolis Public Schools. The current Central Library was built in 1917; however, the sculpture remained in place until 1967, when Indianapolis Public Schools moved to a new administration building. Although the building was soon demolished
Medium type: Bronze
Date created: 1893
40 E. St. Clair St., Indianapolis, IN, 46204
© 2020 - Arts Council of Indianapolis - All Rights Reserved.
Disclaimer: The Arts Council of Indianapolis provides this database and website as a service to artists, arts organizations, and consumers alike. All information contained within the database and website was provided by the artists or arts organizations. No adjudication or selection process was used to develop this site or the artists and organizations featured. While the Arts Council of Indianapolis makes every effort to present accurate and reliable information on this site, it does not endorse, approve, or certify such information, nor does it guarantee the accuracy, completeness, efficacy, timeliness, or correct sequencing of such information.