IMPORTANT! Due to the response to Coronavirus (COVID-19) events on this site may be postponed or canceled.CLICK HERE for More Details.
The Confederate Soldiers’ and Sailors’ Monument was first erected in 1912 by the United States government to honor the 1,616 Confederate soldiers who died as prisoners of war at Camp Morton in Indianapolis. It is one of only four memorials to Confederates sponsored by the Federal government. The monument was originally placed in the old Greenlawn Cemetery, where the soldiers had been buried. In 1928, when the cemetery closed, the remains of the soldiers were moved to Crown Hill Cemetery. At
2505 Conservatory Dr., Indianapolis, IN, 46203
© 2020 - Arts Council of Indianapolis - All Rights Reserved.
Disclaimer: The Arts Council of Indianapolis provides this database and website as a service to artists, arts organizations, and consumers alike. All information contained within the database and website was provided by the artists or arts organizations. No adjudication or selection process was used to develop this site or the artists and organizations featured. While the Arts Council of Indianapolis makes every effort to present accurate and reliable information on this site, it does not endorse, approve, or certify such information, nor does it guarantee the accuracy, completeness, efficacy, timeliness, or correct sequencing of such information.