The Garfield Park Branch, formerly known as the Shelby Branch, serves a lively and diverse population on the south side of Indianapolis. Its current name reflects the desire of neighborhood residents to refer to the branch by their beloved and well-known Garfield Park, which sits adjacent to the branch.
The original Shelby Branch opened on September 9, 1918 when the south side was still mainly farmland. The library was first housed in the old District School No. 34 at 2359 Shelby Street.
2502 Shelby Street, Indianapolis, In 46203
ALBUQUERQUE LITTLE THEATRE
© 2021 - Arts Council of Indianapolis - All Rights Reserved.
Disclaimer: The Arts Council of Indianapolis provides this database and website as a service to artists, arts organizations, and consumers alike. All information contained within the database and website was provided by the artists or arts organizations. No adjudication or selection process was used to develop this site or the artists and organizations featured. While the Arts Council of Indianapolis makes every effort to present accurate and reliable information on this site, it does not endorse, approve, or certify such information, nor does it guarantee the accuracy, completeness, efficacy, timeliness, or correct sequencing of such information.