Branch 2, the longest continuously operating branch of the Indianapolis Public Library system, originally opened in December, 1896 in a small frame building occupied by a Gospel Rescue Mission. It was located at the corner of Brookside Avenue and Tenth Street. In early 1897 the village known as Haughville became a part of the city and soon afterwards the residents petitioned for a library. Branch 2 was moved from the east side to 2523 West Walnut, a small frame building in the yard of School
2121 W. Michigan St, Indianapolis, in 46222
ALBUQUERQUE LITTLE THEATRE
© 2021 - Arts Council of Indianapolis - All Rights Reserved.
Disclaimer: The Arts Council of Indianapolis provides this database and website as a service to artists, arts organizations, and consumers alike. All information contained within the database and website was provided by the artists or arts organizations. No adjudication or selection process was used to develop this site or the artists and organizations featured. While the Arts Council of Indianapolis makes every effort to present accurate and reliable information on this site, it does not endorse, approve, or certify such information, nor does it guarantee the accuracy, completeness, efficacy, timeliness, or correct sequencing of such information.