The Indianapolis Symphonic Choir seeks a Production Specialist to oversee administrative operations and production activities for a dynamic volunteer chorus of 150 singers. Reporting to the Artistic Director, the Production Specialist is the chief liaison for choir activities to the marketing, development, and administrative teams in day-to-day operations. The selected candidate will possess strong project management skills along with the ability to communicate an array of details with both internal and external parties. The Production Specialist manages the production requirements of all choir events (concerts, rehearsals, special events, and more ) ensuring they run smoothly, effectively and in a financially responsible manner. The selected candidate will be responsible for increasing effectiveness of choir operations while serving as a close partner to the Artistic Director and Executive Director in the fulfillment of the Indianapolis Symphonic Choir’s mission.
● Oversee the successful implementation of all rehearsals, performances, special events, fundraisers, education initiatives, and domestic travel opportunities for a 150-member volunteer chorus
● Handle highly detailed production needs, including scheduling of production days, venue rentals, securing additional equipment, coordinating staging requirements and other logistical arrangements ● Coordinate detailed production timings and schedules for all live performances and events ● Manage the procurement of performance licenses, music equipment, instruments and services for operational purposes as needed
● Maintain and disseminate all master schedules for the organization
● Coordinate Guest Artist contracting, travel, transportation and lodging and arrange for onsite hospitality ● Manage volunteer programs including 2-4 interns, administrative volunteers, artistic volunteers (section leaders, librarian, etc.)
● Monitor production expenses in relation to the established budget line items
● Maintain inventories of organizational property and production supplies
● Other duties as assigned
● Three years of experience in production/operations for a performance or presenting organization ● Bachelor’s degree in music or related field, equivalent work or fellowship in arts management or with an arts organization preferred
● Experience working successfully with vocalists, instrumentalists, and technical teams
● A team builder with outstanding communications skills who will contribute to a positive work atmosphere to get results in a deadline-oriented environment
● Computer proficiency in Microsoft Office, particularly in spreadsheet creation and management ● Experience with a customer relationship management (CRM) database preferred
● Working knowledge of classical repertoire preferred but not required
Please submit a cover letter and resume to:
Indianapolis Symphonic Choir
4600 Sunset Ave, Lilly Hall A040
Indianapolis, IN 46208
Or via e-mail to: email@example.com
Phone inquiries will not be accepted.
Compensation is commensurate with experience and qualifications and includes a competitive benefits package such as insurance (medical, vision, dental), PTO, parking, and up to a 3% retirement contribution match.
The Indianapolis Symphonic Choir provides equal opportunity employment and advancement that does not discriminate based on gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, age, neurodiversity, disability status, citizenship, or any other aspect which makes one unique.
About Indianapolis Symphonic Choir:
The Indianapolis Symphonic Choir, celebrating its 85th season in 2021-2022, is proud to be one of the nation’s most established and dynamic musical institutions. Among the most active symphonic choruses in the United States, the Choir reaches more than 20,000 persons each season through performances and education & community engagement programs. The 150 volunteer singers demonstrate the Choir’s commitment to musical excellence through their talent and dedication during each 10-month season. The Indianapolis Symphonic Choir was founded in 1937 at the request of the Indianapolis Symphony Orchestra to perform the great choral-orchestral repertoire. This continued partnership exhibits the best of collaborative ideals – two independent arts organizations combining their strengths to create beautifully lasting musical results.
For more information about the Indianapolis Symphonic Choir, please visit indychoir.org
© 2021 - Arts Council of Indianapolis - All Rights Reserved.
Disclaimer: The Arts Council of Indianapolis provides this database and website as a service to artists, arts organizations, and consumers alike. All information contained within the database and website was provided by the artists or arts organizations. No adjudication or selection process was used to develop this site or the artists and organizations featured. While the Arts Council of Indianapolis makes every effort to present accurate and reliable information on this site, it does not endorse, approve, or certify such information, nor does it guarantee the accuracy, completeness, efficacy, timeliness, or correct sequencing of such information.