IMPORTANT! Due to the response to Coronavirus (COVID-19) events on this site may be postponed or canceled.CLICK HERE for More Details.
CALL FOR ENTRIES
SALI NATIONAL ABSTRACT ART EXHIBITION XVII
October 1 – 29, 2021
The Garfield Park Arts Center,
2432 Conservatory Drive, Indianapolis, IN 46203
Check www.gpacarts.org or call 317-327-7135 for Open Hours
This juried competition is open to all artists, 18 years of age and over, who currently reside in the United States.
• Entries must be postmarked and emails dated on or before July 10, 2021.
• Each artist may submit a maximum of three works.
• All work must be ORIGINAL, and completed within the last three years.
• Any work executed in class or under supervision of an instructor, copies of paintings or published photos, or improper subject matter is prohibited.
• Any work previously accepted into this exhibition will not be eligible for submission.
• Two-dimensional work, less than 2 inches deep, of oil, acrylic, watercolor, mixed media, pastel or drawing may be entered. No computer art, photographs,
reproductions or sculptures.
• Each work should not exceed 48 inches in any one direction including frame, and not exceed 25 lbs. in weight.
• Use only Plexiglas on work 30” x 30” or larger, or on any work in a metal frame.
• All work must be professionally presented and be ready for hanging with flat strap hangers and wire. No screw eyes except on the inside of the stretcher frame to hold the wire.
• No wet canvases.
• No early pick up of art from the Garfield Park Arts Center.
Make check payable to the Southside Art League.
• $40 for members of the Southside Art League
• $50 for non-members
• Fee includes one to three entries and is non-refundable.
Copy completed entry form before mailing and use for entry labels.
Mail completed and signed entry form and fee to:
Southside Art League, 299 E. Broadway,
Greenwood, IN 46143 Attention: Abstract Exhibit
Email digital files to:
• Art work must be photographed without mats or frames.
• Each digital file name must be the artist’s full name and entry designation A, B or C. Example: Joe_Painter_A.jpg
• The file format must be JPEG and no larger than 4MB.
• The Southside Art League will send an email to confirm receipt of your digital entry. If you do not receive a confirmation within 48 hours please contact Duane King at 317-508-3435.
A list of accepted entries will be posted on the Southside Art League website southsideartleague.org on or before August 5, 2021 and an email will be sent to all entrants.
Accepted entries must arrive by 3:00 p.m. September 12, 2020 and must be either hand delivered or shipped by carrier.
Hand delivered entries will be accepted at the Southside Art League during regular gallery hours Wednesday– Saturday 11:00 a.m. to 3:00 and on: Friday, September 10, 11:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. Saturday, September 11, 11:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
• The shipping address will be provided when the notifications are posted.
• Shipped entries must be accompanied by a prepaid return-shipping order for the amount necessary to ship back to the artist. Include a complete Authorized Return shipping label from the chosen carrier.
• All containers and shipping materials must be clearly marked with the artist’s name and address and must be sturdy and reusable, with appropriate shipping instructions. No packing peanuts.
• Works will be returned in the containers in which they are received. All packing must be of professional quality and meet shipping company guidelines.
• Artists are responsible for all shipping charges and transit insurance to and from the exhibit.
• All entries must be for sale and reasonably priced.
• The Southside Art League will retain a 33.3% commission on all sales.
• Awards will total a minimum of $2000 in cash.
• Awards will be determined by the juror from the actual works and not the digital entries.
• The signed entry form indicates an agreement with all conditions set forth herein.
• Permission to reproduce works for publicity is considered granted.
• All reasonable care and handling will be exercised with the art work; however, neither
the Southside Art League, Inc., Indy Parks & Recreation, The City of Indianapolis, nor The Garfield Park Arts Center, nor their insurance carriers will be liable for any loss or damage incurred during the transportation and/or display of said artwork. Such coverage will be the responsibility of the artist.
• The sponsors or juror retain the right to disqualify any work they determine to be something other than originally presented on the digital images.
• Failure to deliver an accepted work of art may result in the artist being banned from SALI exhibits for two years.
The public is invited to the Opening Reception, Friday, October 1, from 6:00 – 8:00 p.m. to be held at The Garfield Park Arts Center. All entrants are urged to attend, if possible.
Entry Deadline July 10, 2021.
Copy completed entry form to use as entry labels.
Mail completed and signed entry form and entry fee to:
Southside Art League, Inc.
299 E. Broadway, Greenwood, IN 46143
Attn: Abstract Exhibit
Email digital entries to:
July 10 Postmark deadline for entry
August 5 Notifications posted online
September 11 Deadline to deliver accepted entries to the Southside Art League by 3:00 p.m.
October 1 Opening Reception at The Garfield Park Arts Center, 6:00 – 8:00 p.m.
October 29 Exhibit closes
October 30 Entries can be picked up at The Garfield Park Arts Center 1:00 – 4:00 p.m.
Do not attempt to pick up art early
After October 30 Pickup remaining entries at Southside Art League,
11:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.
Contact Exhibition Chairman
Duane King at 317-508-3435
© 2021 - Arts Council of Indianapolis - All Rights Reserved.
Disclaimer: The Arts Council of Indianapolis provides this database and website as a service to artists, arts organizations, and consumers alike. All information contained within the database and website was provided by the artists or arts organizations. No adjudication or selection process was used to develop this site or the artists and organizations featured. While the Arts Council of Indianapolis makes every effort to present accurate and reliable information on this site, it does not endorse, approve, or certify such information, nor does it guarantee the accuracy, completeness, efficacy, timeliness, or correct sequencing of such information.